[Skunkworks] Vpn config ..open vpn and pptp vpn

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 15:46:21 EAT 2017

Hi GG,

1. What is your reason for mixing IPSec and PPTP (or is it L2TP)? Why don't
you just use OpenVPN to service everyone?
2. VPN Server being behind a firewall isn't an issue, because you are just
passing gre packets, ama?
3. Clearly explain the scenario that creates (and define) the 'lock'.

On 1 March 2017 at 10:28, geoffrey gitagia via skunkworks <
skunkworks at lists.my.co.ke> wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
> Quick one.. I've configured both open vpn and pptp vpns and both are
> working well except that whenever the client connects it locks out users..
> Now here is the setup
>
> Vpn server is on my LAN behind a firewall
> Client machine is on the cloud
>
> Both vpns work
>
> Objectives
>
> 1. Use my LAN monitoring server to get snmp stats from the cloud server
>
> 2. Continue accessing the cloud server outside my LAN via its public ip

Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
Nairobi,KE
+254 7 3200 0004/+254 7 2274 3223