[Skunkworks] Does Pesapal return amount paid, MPESA confirmation code ?

Kelvin kjayanoris at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 10:08:34 EAT 2016

As far as I know, there is now way of getting this from Pesapal via thei
APIs.

Please see: http://developer.pesapal.com/how-to-integrate/api-reference

The closes you can get is thei "QueryPaymentDetails" method which only
returns

   - pesapal_transaction_tracking_id,
   - payment_method,
   - payment_status,
   - pesapal_merchant_reference

How I got around this in the past:

Notice that Pesapal returns "*pesapal_merchant_reference*"  which was
generated by your system and fed into Pesapal initially.

What I always do is to store the transaction details and then use this
variable to query my own details once I get the IPN from Pesapal.

Unless someone from Pesapal corrects me, I believe you will never (as of
right now) get back the MPESA reference or the reason for failure, if any.

One time I was parsing the excel file that you can get from Pesapal's
dashboard to get a bit more information (the confirmation code / MPESA
reference) - but I no longer think this is a good idea!

Kelvin
*www.jayanoris.com <http://www.jayanoris.com>*