[Skunkworks] E-mail Hosts

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 21:09:38 EAT 2016

Leonard,

Allow me to ask - how cost-effective is siteground? An entry level server
costs  $229.00/mo, which is KES 274,800/yr. If this guy bought his own
in-house server (entry-level), it would probably cost KES 120,000 or
thereabouts. He then uses a systems integrator consultant to setup the
mail/spam filtering/virus filtering services at, say 50K on the higher
side, which comes to 170K. Server's electricit consumption cannot add up to
100K per year, so there's so much saving. If you project/extrapolate that
to 5yrs you can see the savings...
BTW, if this guy goes for one of those HP workstations, it will even be
better. I have a couple that have been running 24/7/265 for 5+ years and
going strength to strength...

Anyway, every man to himself. One man's meat is another's poison.. :-)

Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
Nairobi,KE
+254 7 3200 0004/+254 7 2274 3223